Ohio Dominican University was chartered in 1911 as the College of Saint Mary of the Springs. The name was changed to Ohio Dominican College in 1968. The College became Ohio Dominican University in 2002.
The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (address: 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; telephone: 1-800-621-7440; website: www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org) and is approved by the Ohio Board of Regents.
The education programs are approved for the preparation of teachers by the Ohio Board of Regents and are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE - www.ncate.org).
The baccalaureate Social Work Program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s (CSWE - www.cswe.org) Commission on Accreditation.
The undergraduate and graduate business programs are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP - www.asbsp.org).
The Dual Enrollment Program, Project JumpStart, is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP - www.nacep.org).
The Physician Assistant Studies Program has provisional accreditation by The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA - www.arc-pa.org).
Ohio Dominican University
1216 Sunbury Road
Columbus OH 43219
Phone: (614) 251-4500
Toll Free: (800) 955-6446