A PDF file may not open for either of the following reasons:
- There is a communication problem between your web browser and Adobe Reader.
- You may have a different version of Adobe Acrobat than the version used to create the PDF.
Try the following. If these steps do not correct the problem, contact the :
- Use another web browser.
- Download the most recent version of .
- Save the file to your desktop, then double-click to open it directly into Adobe Reader.
Why won't a PDF file print correctly?
A PDF file may not print correctly for any of the following reasons:
- You aren’t using the latest version of .
- The printer may not be able to handle the large PDF file.
- Printer settings may not be optimal.
- The Adobe menu may need to be used for printing rather than the web browser.
To correct the problem, try the following.
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of .
- To print the document, use the printer icon button on the Adobe Acrobat menu bar to print rather than the web browser print button or File-Print menu option.
- Give your printer some time. PDF files expand when printing, so printing duration can be lengthy.
- Print performance may be improved by downloading a PDF file to the hard drive or H drive before printing. Right click on the PDF link, then select the Save option from the pop-up menu.
Trouble-shooting for additional problems with a PDF:
- If the edges are cut off when a document prints, then make sure the "Shrink to Fit" box in the Print window is selected.
- If a document prints blank pages, skips pages, or reverses pages ("mirror image"), then make sure that the option for "Print as Image" is selected.
- If a document prints too slowly, you might try the following:
- Send only a few pages (5-10) of the document at a time to the printer to decrease the document size the printer has to handle at one time.
- Adjust the printer settings to 300 dpi. (While this may improve printing time, be advised that it may also decrease the quality of the print job.)
If you still have problems, contact the or .