- Bachelor of Science in Cross-Disciplinary Studies
This major is ideal for adult, continuing education and transfer students who come to Ohio Dominican with a large amount of previous credits, students who don't have a singular career path, and students who wish to tailor the curriculum to their specific interests and strengths.
Adult & Continuing Education Students work with an enrollment counselor and academic advisor to select courses that build on previous academic background and/or professional experience to achieve their educational and professional goals.
Course Requirements & Descriptions
B.S. in Cross-Disciplinary Studies
- Completion of the Liberal Arts Core General Degree Requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree (i.e., Core Curriculum Fundamentals, Core Seminars, and Disciplinary Studies Requirement).
- Completion of an approved program of study consisting of a minimum of 36 credit hours, of which 24 credits must be at the 200-level or above including at least 9 credits at the 300-level or above.
- The program of study must consist of at least two concentrations with a minimum of 15 credit hours in each concentration.
- At least 15 credit hours of the major coursework must be in mathematics, natural, or social science disciplines.
- Twenty-four (24) credit hours must be earned after the declaration of the major.
- Students with the appropriate prerequisites may either complete the senior capstone (479) in one of the areas of concentration or complete CORE/CDS 479.
Outcomes & Careers
ODU's Cross-Disciplinary Degree is a great foundation for just about any career or graduate and professional school. Its self-designed structure allows you to take charge of your own learning that will contribute to your educational and professional goals.
The fields of medicine and health care, education, law, marketing, and social services are ideal for students who have a strong liberal arts foundation and cross-disciplinary degree.