Graduates of ODU's Arts Education program will:
- have an understanding of the power and unique role of art/art making in society;
- have a lifetime appreciation for art as a means of enrichment and learning;
- recognize that art making can be a useful tool for interdisciplinary learning;
- have an understanding of how art reflects and shapes cultural values and mirrors contemporary sociohistory;
- have skills in a variety of assessment mechanisms; and
- be able to teach the art discipline with a focus on relevancy, diversity, inclusion, and the concept of social justice.
Graduates of ODU's Arts Education program are prepared for careers in a variety of settings, including:
Teacher or art specialist in K-12 classrooms, art and community centers
Positions in museums or public and private orgainizations
Opening their own art studio or art therapy practice
Graduates are also prepared to enter graduate programs in Arts Education, Museum Education, Art Therapy and more.