Graduates of ODU's Finance program will posses:
- An understanding of the essentials of corporate finance as they relate to the performance of a specific business organization.
- The ability to integrate the essentials of investment finance as they relate to wealth maximization.
- The ability to take unstructured data and information and form it into a unified business plan or solution.
- An understanding of the ethical dilemmas faced by financial managers.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to successfully complete Level I of the Chartered Financial Analyst Examination.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively about finance and other related matters, in writing and orally, to other business professionals.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills that can be applied in a variety of business situations.
Career opportunities with a degree in Economics include:
- Financial services
- Behavioral finance
- Proprietary trading
- Corporate treasury
- Real Estate Finance
- Commercial and investment banking
- Government and public sector work
Job titles can include, but are not limited to:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Money Manager
- Stock Broker
- Mortgage Broker
- Claims Adjuster
- Investment Banker
- Credit Analyst
- Treasury Analyst
Graduates can also earn professional accreditations including:
- Certificate in Quantitative Finance
- Certified Fund Specialist
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Chartered Life Underwriter
- Chartered Market Technician
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Personal Financial Planner
- Registered Investment Advisor