The Dominican Scholars Program provides enriching opportunities for personal and professional development to an exceptional group of aspiring business leaders with majors in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, international business, public relations or sport management.
- Participate in team building activities and leadership training
- Build partnerships with alumni, faculty and staff
- Develop relationships with business professionals
- Explore business career opportunities
- Provide service to the local community
Activities & Opportunities
View Spring 2015 Program Calendar
- Dinner Speaker Series featuring faculty, alumni, and business leaders
- Membership in professional associations and attend conferences
- Domestic and international travel scholarships
- Job shadowing and company visits
- Networking events
- Faculty and peer mentoring
- Scholars housing
Eligibility & Application
ODU's Dominican Scholars Business program is selective. Future scholars have a strong academic record, extensive extracurricular and community activities, and want to connect what they learn in the classroom to the business world.
Dominican Scholars - Business Apply Now
- Incoming Freshmen: Applicants must have a 3.0 high school GPA and a 23 ACT score.
- Current ODU Students: First year business majors are invited to apply to the program for their Sophomore year, if they achieve a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA by the end of Spring Semester.
- Once in the program, Dominican Scholars must maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA each semester and actively participate in programming.