If you have questions or comments, contact Circulation Services
General Building Policies Noise
To foster a welcoming environment conducive to study and research, the following guidelines have been established concerning appropriate noise levels. Continued excessive noise will be cause for a patron being asked to leave the building.
- General Noise
The area behind the Main Stacks on the top floor is a designated quiet study area. Quiet conversation among patrons, and group study, is acceptable in other areas of the building, which include the Library Lounge, the tables directly in front of the Study Rooms, the tables on the middle floor, and the snack area on the bottom floor.
- Cell Phone Use
Prior to entering the building, cell phones should be turned off or set to a non-audible ring. Cell phone conversations are only acceptable if they are quiet and non-disruptive to other patrons.
Because Spangler Learning Center staff cannot guarantee the safety of children who are left unattended while parents attend class, and also to ensure an atmosphere conducive to study and research, patrons are discouraged from bringing minors (children under the age of 18) to the Spangler Learning Center. Publicity
All publicity to be displayed in Spangler Learning Center should be approved at the Student Activities Office or by the Director, Library Services. Publicity may only be posted on designated bulletin boards. Publicity may NOT be posted on glass, walls or doors.
Publicity found in undesignated areas, or any publicity without approval, will be removed. Individuals or organizations are responsible for removing all publicity within 24 hours after the event.
The purpose of displays in the Ohio Dominican University Library is to educate, inform and promote the sharing of information with the students, staff, and faculty of Ohio Dominican University. Display Contents
Guided by the Dominican motto, to contemplate truth and to share with others the fruits of this contemplation, the contents of a display ought to:
- promote scholarly and educational use of the library,
- promote awareness of ODU events, services, clubs/organizations, and courses,
- highlight library collections and/or services,
- highlight topics for investigation,
- educate patrons about new methods of research,
- enhance the visual atmosphere of the library, and
- provide an opportunity for learning as well as enrichment among its viewers
Displays are not for the purpose of promoting personal views/opinions, or commercial and organizational positions. Display Locations
Display areas include: large display table and window on the Top Floor near the entrance/exit doors, the small display table on the Top Floor near the Reading Room, and the foyer space on the Top Floor. Requesting a Display
Requests can be made online through myODU
or by completing a paper form available at the Circulation Services Desk
. Display space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guidelines
Ohio Dominican University Library has established guidelines to ensure ease of accessibility.
- Displays must be of high quality design and execution.
- Preferred objects for display include books, videos, handouts, brochures, posters, and small 3-dimensional objects.
- The Library Circulation Services Supervisor will approve/disapprove each request.
- The Library staff reserves the right to alter or remove any display.
- Displays will normally be approved for a maximum display period of one month.
- The Library staff will provide installation and removal of displays.
- The Library is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal display items.
- All materials must be picked up promptly at the end of a display period.
For more information, contact Circulation Services Supervisor via email
or telephone at (614) 251-4676.
Please notify us if your plans change, because another display may have been requested for the same time period.