More databases are available from our and .
- (University of Liverpool)
- (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
According to one of the Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education from the Association of College Research Libraries (ACRL), information literate students are able to access needed information effectively and efficiently and retrieve information online or in person using a variety of methods (2.3.).
This course page was created to help meet the following desired outcomes of that standard, wherein the information literate student:
- Uses various search systems to retrieve information in a variety of formats
- Uses various classification schemes and other systems to locate information resources within the library or to identify specific sites for physical exploration
- Uses specialized online or in-person services available at the institution to retrieve information needed
Image Creator: Page, Brian. prism01.jpg. 1990. Pics4Learning. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
Page last modified: 29 January 2013
Creator of course page: Christina Bonner, M.L.I.S., Ph.D., Reference & Instruction Services, ODU Library.