- Looking for an online guide to help you in your research? Visit the for guides to using our resources and researching in various subjects
- For library hours or assistance with your library record, fines, renewals, and course reserves, contact
- For all other inquiries, ask a reference librarian
|The ODU Library Reference Desk is located on the top floor of Spangler. View below.
|Call the ODU Library Reference Desk at (614) 251-4754 or toll-free (888) 681-8044 during .
Text or email an ODU librarian at . A librarian will respond as soon as possible within regular , at most within a 24-hour period.
|Ohio librarians are available at ; open 24 hours. ()
ODU reference librarians are available in person, by phone, and by email during the hours listed below for drop-in services.
|Monday - Thursday
||10 am - 6 pm
||9 am - 4 pm
||11 am - 3 pm (Summer 11 am -2 pm)
*ODU Reference Services closes during certain campus events, library meetings, holidays, and instruction sessions.
ODU reference librarians are also available outside regularly scheduled hours by appointment; contact a librarian to .
Librarians are available to assist you in your research. How we can help:
- Provide tools to assist in research: Visit our page
- Assist in generating effective search strategies for researching a topic
- Assist in finding information or resources
- Provide training in how to search the Library's catalogs to find books and videos and obtain other information
- Provide training in how to search in the Library's research databases to find articles, reports, conference proceedings, and other documents
- Assist with Internet searching
- Assist in identifying criteria for evaluating information sources
- Point to resources that can help with research and writing
Our is to provide training and assistance in using library and information sources successfully so that you will be empowered to conduct your own research.
Reference librarians will not do any of the following: proofreading or editing, helping write citations, supplying answers to students' assignments, doing students' research, or compiling bibliographies of information sources for students.
Additional services are available to faculty. Visit the library's web page or for further information.