Parking on Campus
1. All motor vehicles parked on campus must be registered with the Department of Public Safety. To purchase a permit you must have your ODU Identification card, vehicle license number, and description. Permits are purchased online at www.ohiodominican.edu on the Public Safety Department page. Your student account will be billed.
2. The available Parking Permits and fees for the 2014/15 Academic Year will be as follows:
1. Parking permits are to be hung from the rearview mirror facing out so that all information is clearly visible.
1. Temporary permits are available for those who need to park an unregistered vehicle on campus. They may also be issued for special needs such as temporary disabilities. Temporary permits are available from the Public Safety Office at no cost. They will be valid for up to 2 weeks, after which a regular permit must be purchased. 2. Visitors with a vehicle on campus must register with the Public Safety Department to be issued a visitor permit. At no time are ODU students considered visitors.
1. Replacement permits can be purchased from the website. Prices are as in section A. Replaced permits will be invalidated to prevent unauthorized use. 2. Lost or Stolen permits must be reported to the Public Safety Department and are to be replaced at owner expense.
1. Students may park in the Gold Lot behind Alumni Hall/student center and in the student section of the White Lot east of ODU's football stadium, Panther Field. Student permits cannot be purchased for use by any person or vehicle other than the Student who registered the vehicle. Students may park in any legal space in these lots with the exception of Handicapped spaces. All parking behind Erskine Hall is reserved for Presidential and Visitor use ONLY. 2. The Black lot (located by the residence halls) is restricted to those issued a permit specific to that lot.
1. Anyone parking in a handicapped parking space must have a state issued handicapped license plate or plaque in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 4511.69. Violators will be cited and towed at the owner's expense. Violators are also subject to citation by the Columbus Police. 2. There is no student parking at any time, for any reason, for any length of time, on the East side of campus (behind academic buildings). You will be ticketed and fined, and you may be towed. 3. The Black Lot, located by the residence halls, is restricted by special permission only. Any vehicle parked there without the proper special permit will be ticketed, and could be towed. 4. Any vehicle parked in a fire lane will be cited and towed at the owner's expense. 5. Parking is prohibited in areas not marked as parking spaces. This includes loading zones, sidewalks, crosswalks, building entrances, construction zones, grass and areas in parking lots not marked as spaces. 6. All vehicles must be parked in areas designated by their parking permits. All vehicles must be operable; broken down vehicles cannot be stored on campus. 7. The speed limit on campus is 15 mph. Campus roads are also walkways, and pedestrians have the right-of-way.
1. All parking permits are the property of ODU and must be returned upon request. 2. Parking permits are nontransferable. Any registrant, who gives, sells, alters, lends or transfers a permit to another will forfeit their campus parking rights and be liable for all citations issued to that permit.
1. Public Safety officers issue citations, which include the date, time, location and violation type. 2. Fines range from $35 to $75 depending on the violation. Fines are added to the student account and billed monthly. All fines must be paid in full in order to register for classes, graduate or receive transcripts. Staff and Faculty fines will be deducted from their paycheck. 3. If you allow anyone to borrow your car or permit, you are responsible for any tickets and fines they incur.
1. A citation may be appealed to the Director of Public Safety if the recipient feels the citation was unjustified. 2. Appeals must be made within 15 days of receiving the ticket. The online appeal form must be used; do not come to the office in person. The online appeal form is found on the Public Safety web page. 3. A copy of the appeal decision will be sent to the appellant via ODU email. The decision of the Director is final.
1. Ohio Dominican University is a private tow away zone. Towing of cars is authorized by Ohio Revised Code 4511.681. 2. Vehicles may be towed for illegal parking as stated in the Parking and Traffic Regulations section, or for excessive fines. 3. Towing charges are determined by and payable in cash to the towing service at the time of retrieval. 4. In lieu of towing a wheel locking devise may be used. Public Safety must be contacted to have the apparatus removed.
1. ODU disclaims all responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles parked on ODU property. ODU is not responsible for loss or damage to any vehicle towed from campus or in which a wheel locking device has been used.
Public Safety Officer on Duty 24/7(614) 251-4700
Student Center, Suite 116Ohio Dominican University 1216 Sunbury Road Columbus OH 43219 Office: (614) email@example.com
Monday- Friday8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.