The admission requirements for all ODU Education programs are the same except for the Intervention Specialist Licensure
AND one of the following:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a teaching certificate/license.*
- Be currently teaching or have access to an academic classroom.
- Have an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
- Completed at least nine semester hours at the graduate level from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an overall grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
*This programs does not lead to initial licensure. Applicants must possess a teaching certificate/license for admission into a program. The expectation is that an applicant is a practicing teacher. Many of the courses in the programs require experiences in a classroom.
If the applicant is currently teaching, his/her own classroom may be used for most experiences. An applicant who is not currently teaching must make arrangements for classroom access to complete assignments.