The framework for ODU's Educational Studies program is drawn from the four historical pillars of the Dominican Order:
- Study of liberal arts with the goal of promoting learning in others
- Contemplation through reflective practice.
- Community building by actively participating and collaborating in a community of learners.
- Service by developing social responsibility and commitments to the diverse needs in our society.
Graduate will be prepared for an exciting career in any number of roles, including:
Child care program administrator or facility director
- Curriculum coordinator
- Academic advisor
- Public and private school administrative staff
- Higher education international program staff
You are also prepared for entry-level positions in:
education-related non-profit organization, publisher or training agency
- government agencies
- private sector and multinational companies
Those interested in furthering their education through licensure or graduate and professional school can become:
- School principal/administrator
- Curriculum designer
- Consultant for educational agencies, school districts and supply companies
- Trainer for P-12 and higher educational enterprises
- Educational policymaker or lawyer