The Dominican Scholars Program provides enriching opportunities for personal and professional development to an exceptional cohort of aspiring educators.
Activities & Opportunities
- Participate in community building and leadership activities
- Build partnerships with alumni, faculty and staff
- Develop relationships with current teachers and administrators
- Explore diverse educational settings
- Provide service to the local community
View Spring 2015 Program Calendar
- Dinner Speaker Series - featuring faculty and current educators
- Membership in professional associations and attend conferences
- Domestic and international travel scholarships
- Diverse school observations: Ohio School for the Blind, Marburn Academy, Columbus Global Academy
- Discover community resources: COSI, Columbus Zoo, Ohio Historical Society, Columbus Museum of Art
- Tutor students at the Charles School
- Faculty and peer mentoring
- Scholars housing
Eligibility & Application
ODU's Dominican Scholars Business program is selective. Future Scholars have a strong academic record, extensive extracurricular and community activities, and want to connect what they learn in the classroom to the business world.
Dominican Scholars - Education Apply Now
- Incoming Freshman: Applicants must have a 3.0 high school GPA and a 23 ACT score.
- Current ODU Students: First year education majors are invited to apply to the program for their Sophomore year, if they achieve a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA by the end of Spring Semester.
- Once in the program, Dominican Scholars must maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA each semester and actively participate in programming.