1. Make sure you have taken all of your required classes. Call your Academic Advisor if you would like to review your degree requirements. You cannot graduate with any grade of an Incomplete. Your overall GPA must be a 2.0 or above for an undergraduate degree, and a 3.0 or above for a graduate degree.
2. Apply for graduation through ODU Online before October 31, 2014. You will incur a $150 graduation fee at the point of application. An application for graduation and the greduation fee are required whether you plan to attend the ceremony or not.
3. RSVP online for both the Commencement and Baccalaureate ceremonies. Please RSVP whether or not you plan to attend. RSVPs are required in order to purchase a cap and gown, participate in either ceremony, to receive tickets to Commencement. The RSVP Deadline is December 1, 2014.
4. Contact the Library at (614) 251-4752 to make sure that all library fines are paid.
5. Contact the Adult & Continuing Education Business Office at (614) 251-7400 to make sure you do not have any fines or fees due.
6. If you are not planning to move into another Adult & Continuing Education degree program and you borrowed federal loan funds, use your Personal Identification Number (PIN, the same number used to sign the FAFSA) to access your complete federal loan history and complete Exit Loan Counseling at www.nslds.ed.gov. Exit Loan Counseling is required by the federal government and will explain your rights and responsibilities concerning repayment of your loans. If you have any questions, contact the Adult & Continuing Education Financial Aid Office at (614) 251-7400 or email Adult@ohiodominican.edu.
7. Notify your advisor if you are interested in our Bachelor's or Master's programs.
8. Attend the Countdown to Commencement event November 3 and 4, 1:00 - 6:00 pm, outside the ODU Bookstore in the Griff to purchase your cap and gown, and order announcements and class rings. If you are unable to attend this event, the deadline to purchase a cap and gown from the ODU Bookstore is November 14. Contact the Bookstore for more information. You can order announcements and class rings from Jostens.
9. Contact the Computer Helpdesk at (614) 253-3633 to back up your H: drive and sign up for Alumni e-mail forwarding. Please note that your e-mail account will be disabled 60 days after graduation.
10. Please keep us informed of any changes to your name and address. This is extremely important. Without the proper information we cannot get your graduation information to you.
11. Check the Graduation website regularly for updates.
Student DevelopmentStudent Center, Suite 249Ohio Dominican University1216 Sunbury RoadColumbus, Ohio 43219
Phone: (614) 251-4595Fax: (614) 251-4442studentdevelopment@ ohiodominican.edu