As you pursue your degree in Insurance & Risk Management, you will make professional connections that enhance your development and career prospects.
You'll also acquire in-depth knowledge of key aspects of the insurance and risk management industry, including accounting, product and pricing analysis, compliance, claims and underwriting.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Analyze past and current economic issues in the insurance industry as well as the potential impact of future challenges, such as information technology.
- Develop foundational knowledge and analytical skills in several functional areas of business, including accounting, finance, management, marketing, human resource management and economics.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of insurance products, pricing, claims, underwriting, taxation and financial reporting, and regulation.
- Critically examine the role of public policy, including social insurance, in personal financial planning and risk management.
- Examine important decision-making processes that are essential to facilitating effective assessment and management of personal and organizational risks.
Ohio has 250 insurance companies employing more than 100,000 people with an average annual salary above $50,000, according to the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services.
Career opportunities with a degree in Insurance & Risk Management include:
- Risk manager
- Compliance officer
- Claims manager
- Loss control consultant
Visit the Ohio Insurance Institute's website
for a fun, interactive way to discover careers in the insurance field.