The admission requirements for all ODU Education programs are the same except for the Intervention Specialist License
AND one of the following:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a teaching certificate/license.*
- Be currently teaching or have access to an academic classroom.
- Have an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
- Completed at least nine semester hours at the graduate level from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an overall grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
*This programs does not lead to initial licensure. Applicants must possess a teaching certificate/license for admission into a program. The expectation is that an applicant is a practicing teacher. Many of the courses in the programs require experiences in a classroom.
If the applicant is currently teaching, his/her own classroom may be used for most experiences. An applicant who is not currently teaching must make arrangements for classroom access to complete assignments.
How to Apply
Your online application, fee and all supporting documents listed below must be received in order to process your application.
- Complete an online graduate application.
- Pay a $25 application fee. This fee is waived for ODU alumni.
Payment is due before we can process your application. You may pay by check - mail or drop it off to the Office of Graduate Admissions - or through our secure online form.
Pay Application Fee
- Send official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sign and fax or mail the Acknowledgment Statement to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Fax: (614) 251-6654
- Mail: Office of Graduate Admissions, Erskine Hall Room 108, Ohio Dominican University, 1216 Sunbury Road, Columbus, Ohio 43219
Download Acknowledgement Statement