Current ODU students apply to the 4+1 MBA Program during their junior year. Provisional Admission Requirements
- Earned GPA of 3.0 or higher in the following Division of Business courses: ACT 210, ACT 220, BUS 220, BUS 240, FIN 325, ECN 207, ECN 208, and MTH 140.
- Completed application submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions during student’s junior year at ODU.
This application and student’s program evaluation will be forwarded to the Program Director for review. Students will be notified of the decision by ODU email. Conversion from Provisional to Admitted Status
Full Program Admission
Students admitted provisionally during their junior year will achieve formal and full program admission following the completion of their junior year assuming they have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their required undergraduate Division of Business courses (listed above).
- Formal admission will permit undergraduate senior level students to take the 500 level graduate bridge courses during their senior year. These courses include: MBA 510, MBA 540, MBA 550, and MBA 570. View course descriptions.
- Once all grades are posted at the end of their junior year, another review of the student’s academic record will take place. Students will be notified by ODU email when bridge course registration can begin.
- These 500-level graduate courses will be counted as undergraduate credit and meet undergraduate elective or business major emphasis requirements as well as graduate program requirements. To qualify for graduate credit, students must earn a grade of B or better in these courses.
- For entry into 600-level MBA courses, students must have completed the eight undergraduate courses listed above and earned an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.00 or better.
- After graduation, students will be notified by ODU email regarding full MBA program admission and when 600-level course registrations can begin.