Students who graduate from this program will be prepared for an Ohio license to teach children age three through third grade.
Teacher candidates may add the Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement to teach Grades 4 and 5.
Graduates of Ohio Dominican University’s Early Childhood Education program:
- engage in reflective practice, are knowledgeable and promote learning in others;
- provide fair and engaging learning opportunities for all learners based on assessment of student needs and strengths;
- are active participants in the community of learners; and
- communicate and collaborate according to legal and ethical practice with all stakeholders who influence and/or are impacted by the learning experiences of each child.
In addtion to teaching prekindergarten through 3rd grade, graduates can pursue careers in a variety of fields, including as a:
- Child care provider
- Preschool or day care director
- Child advocates working in an education-related organization