Provides equipment and instruction for a variety of modern media technology.
Open during Spangler Learning Center hours, the Multimedia Center is located near the Helpdesk in Spangler.
Assistance in the Multimedia Center is provided by the Computer Helpdesk staff. The staff will provide consultation and assistance to students and faculty on the use of the equipment. Individual or group instruction is offered for specialized areas and needs.
Equipment such as video, cassette, CD players and slide projectors are located in common areas for individual use.
Audio-visual Production and Digital media design
The Production Area within the Multimedia Center provides a variety of equipment and supplies for producing audiovisual materials.
- Ellison Letter Press - to easily cut letters/numbers/shapes for bulletin boards and signs
- Laminators - to seal paper and posterboard in plastic film for lasting protection (by request)
- GBC Binding System - used for binding booklets, manuals and reports
- Computer-generated overhead transparencies
- CD-ROM Writers
- Video editor/duplicator
- Graphic, flatbed scanner and Polaroid slide scanner - for printing hard copy or creating computer presentations.
- Hewlett Packard color plotter - for creating large format color posters (by request).
The Multimedia Center offers several kinds of equipment which may be loaned to faculty, staff or students for college projects.
- Slide projectors
- Audio cassette recorders
- VHS camcorders
- 35mm cameras
- Digital Still cameras
- Special Instructions and Consultations
Special instruction is available by appointment for equipment setup and operation, or for the design of presentation materials.
For more information about the Multimedia Center, please contact the Helpdesk.