The purpose of displays in the Ohio Dominican University Library is to educate, inform and promote the sharing of information with the students, staff, and faculty of Ohio Dominican University.
Guided by the Dominican motto, to contemplate truth and to share with others the fruits of this contemplation, the contents of a display ought to:
- promote scholarly and educational use of the library,
- promote awareness of ODU events, services, clubs/organizations, and courses,
- highlight library collections and/or services,
- highlight topics for investigation,
- educate patrons about new methods of research,
- enhance the visual atmosphere of the library, and
- provide an opportunity for learning as well as enrichment among its viewers
Displays are not for the purpose of promoting personal views/opinions, or commercial and organizational positions.
Display areas include: large display table and window on the Top Floor near the entrance/exit doors, the small display table on the Top Floor near the Reading Room, and the foyer space on the Top Floor.
Requesting a Display
Requests can be made online through myODU or by completing a paper form available at the Circulation Services Desk. Display space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ohio Dominican University Library has established guidelines to ensure ease of accessibility.
- Displays must be of high quality design and execution.
- Preferred objects for display include books, videos, handouts, brochures, posters, and small 3-dimensional objects.
- The Library Circulation Services Supervisor will approve/disapprove each request.
- The Library staff reserves the right to alter or remove any display.
- Displays will normally be approved for a maximum display period of one month.
- The Library staff will provide installation and removal of displays.
- The Library is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen personal display items.
- All materials must be picked up promptly at the end of a display period.
For more information, contact Circulation Services Supervisor via email or telephone at (614) 251-4676.
Please notify us if your plans change, because another display may have been requested for the same time period.