This course is an integration of the knowledge and skills learned in the previous courses in the MBA program. The course is designed to illustrate development, implementation, and reformulation of business strategy. The course stresses the need for, awareness of, and accomodation to changes in a company's internal and external environments. Through the case study/analysis method, students will be able to practice various strategic planning and policy-making decisions for businesses in the service industries.
See your syllabus assignment details.
You can search for an article in a journal in a database simply by typing in the journal title in one search box and at least one additional piece of information in the second search box. The example below shows how to search for an article in Business Source Complete:
As pictured above, type in the following in the database:
- In the first search box, enter the journal you want (e.g., Harvard Business Review) AND select SO Publication Name from the drop-down menu to tell the databases you want to search for that journal
- In the second search box, enter at least the first part of the article title
If you have any difficulties, for assistance.
According to one of the Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education from the Association of College Research Libraries (ACRL), information literate students are able to access needed information effectively and efficiently and retrieve information online or in person using a variety of methods (standard 2.3.).
This course page was created to help meet the following desired outcomes of that standard, wherein the information literate student:
- Uses various search systems to retrieve information in a variety of formats
- Uses various classification schemes and other systems to locate information resources within the library or to identify specific sites for physical explorations
- Uses specialized online or in-person services available at the institution to retrieve information needed
Page last modified: 3 November 2014 | Creator: Christina Bonner, Ph.D., M.L.I.S.,
Readings, documents, and links listed above determined by faculty request. Image created by Stuart Miles and courtesy of FreeDigitalPhoto.net, .