Data Science Certificate
Enhance Your Degree
Ohio Dominican’s Certificate in Data Science equips working professionals with the skills, knowledge and qualifications they need to prepare for and transition into data-driven positions.
This new program also helps to enhance undergraduate degrees in business- and STEM-related fields. Because the program has both flexible online and hybrid formats, students have the ability to complete this certificate around their schedule.
- Complete a professional certificate in under 12 months
- Certificate can be completed 100% online or in a hybrid format
- Students work with real-life data
- Learn how to query, clean, analyze and present data using tools such as SQL, Tableau, R and Python
- Estimated 15% job growth from 2019-2029 (Computer and Information Research Scientist – U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Programs & Courses
The skills and knowledge you need to succeed in the data analytics sector.
Outcomes & Careers
Pursue a wide range of professional opportunities in this growing industry.
Required Courses to Complete Certificate Program
|DAT 111 Statistics for Data Science I
|DAT 112 Statistics for Data Science II
|DAT 210 Data Visualization with Tableau Software
|DAT 341 (DAM I) Foundations of Data Analytics I*
|DAT 470 Capstone Project in Data Science**
Total Credits: 15
*Offered online via ODU's partnership with Rize, an education company seeking to prepare college students for careers in the fastest-growing fields. Rize courses are designed by top academics and industry leaders, vetted by ODU, and taught by faculty who are experts in the field.
**An appropriate 479 course or ECN 447 may be substituted for DAT 470 with departmental approval.
Have Questions? Contact us!
Dr. Anna Davis
Associate Professor of Mathematics