Ohio Dominican University's Finance program provides students with the ability to think critically, logically, and ethically while applying specialized business knowledge and skills to the rapidly evolving demands of the global economy.
- Small class sizes with faculty experienced in the field
- Located just minutes away from internship opportunities in downtown Columbus
- 4+1 MBA opportunity for students with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Certificate in Data Science, and/or dual major opportunity with Economics, Risk and Insurance Management, Mathematics, Data Science, or Public Relations
- Student Investment Club
- Participate in ODU's Honors, Dominican Scholars and Study Abroad programs
Degrees & Courses
Read the degree requirements and course descriptions for the major and minor, plus view a sample 4-year plan.
Outcomes & Careers
Learn how this major prepares you for a career in finance, business, investing and more.
Get to know ODU faculty members, view current news and events, and more.
Future Accounting Professionals
ODU Accounting students can participate in Future Accounting Professionals (FAP), an on-campus student organization. FAP typically hosts four events every year such as resume writing seminars, panel discussions with alumni and meet-the-profession events to introduce students to professional organizations.
Delta Mu Delta
Qualified students have the opportunity to participate in Delta Mu Delta (DMD) Honor Society. DMD provides international academic recognition for undergraduate and graduate business students who excel in their academic studies.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
ODU’s Accounting program has an Educational Partnership with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). ACFE provides Ohio Dominican with educational material for Fraud and Forensic Accounting Courses, and students receive discounted student memberships and discounts to take the CFE exam.
Ohio Dominican University's finance program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs is the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence. Visit acbsp.org.
The following reports show achievement data for ODU's Division of Business students.
- Division of Business Student and Stakeholder Focused Results
- Division of Business - Measurement and Analysis of Student Learning and Performance
- Class of 2022 Student Achievement Career Outcomes
ODU student Seth Bowles shares how ODU's Finance and Economics programs are helping to prepare him for his career as a financial planner.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Douglas Ruml, D.B.A.
Finance Program Director
Sansbury Hall, Room 262
For admission questions, contact:
Griffin Student Center, 203
(800) 955-OHIO (955-6446)