Risk Management & Insurance
Risk Management & Insurance
Earn your bachelor's degree in Risk Management & Insurance and prepare for a successful career in Ohio’s rapidly expanding insurance industry, which is expected to add 29,000 jobs by 2025.
- Major and minor available in Risk Management & Insurance.
- Certificate, Associate and Bachelor programs also available through ODU's Adult & Continuing Education.
- Certificate is offered entirely online.
- 4+1 MBA opportunity for students with 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Our strong industry partnerships provide students with internships and other professional opportunities.
- Graduates are eligible to waive two of the eight parts of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) exam upon program completion.
- Our coursework is developed and taught by top leaders in the Risk Management and Insurance industry.
Degrees & Courses
Read the degree requirements and course descriptions for the major and minor, plus view a sample 4-year plan.
Outcomes & Careers
Learn how this major prepares you for a career in one of the fastest growing fields in the U.S.
Risk Mgmt. & Insurance Dept.
Get to know ODU faculty members, view current news and events, and more.
We sat down with Erin Hamm '16 to discuss how Ohio Dominican helped her prepare for her career as a senior business analyst at Nationwide.
ODU guarantees an Internship for students who complete at least 60 credits with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Students in ODU's program are guaranteed job interviews with at least one industry partners before graduation, including:
- Encova Insurance
- Nationwide Insurance
- Century Insurance
- MAPFRE Insurance
Ohio Dominican University's Risk Management & Insurance program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs is the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating and rewarding teaching excellence. Visit acbsp.org.
The following reports show achievement data for ODU's Division of Business students.
- Division of Business Student and Stakeholder Focused Results
- Division of Business - Measurement and Analysis of Student Learning and Performance
- Class of 2022 Student Achievement Career Outcomes
Why RMI at ODU?
Grady Campbell, Executive Vice President for Commercial Lines and Life at Encova Insurance
Ohio Dominican is proud to partner with Encova Insurance and Secured Advantage to establish the Insurance & Risk Management Academy, which is available to students who are interested in pursuing a career in the insurance industry.
Located on the first floor of the Griffin Student Center, the academy functions as a service center servicing part of Encova’s Book of Business. IRMA is supervised by industry professionals and is staffed by ODU students who are pursuing either a major or minor in Risk Management & Insurance.
Certificate & Degree Completion Options for Adult Learners
ODU's Risk Management & Insurance program is also available through ODU's Adult & Continuing Education Program.
Perfect for working adults, we offer classes in hybrid and online formats so that you can earn your certificate or degree around your schedule.
- Associate of Science in Business with Risk Management & Insurance emphasis
- Certificate in Risk Management & Insurance
- Bachelor of Science in Risk Management & Insurance
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Sansbury Hall, Room 257
For admission questions, contact:
Griffin Student Center, 203
(800) 955-OHIO (955-6446)