Current ODU students apply to the 4+1 Master of Science in Sport Management Program during their junior year. Provisional Admission Requirements
- Earned GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Completed application submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions during student’s junior year at ODU.
The application and student’s program evaluation will be forwarded to the Program Director for review. Students will be notified of the decision by ODU email. Conversion from Provisional to Admitted Status
Full Program Admission
Students admitted provisionally during their junior year will achieve formal and full program admission following the completion of their junior year assuming they have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Formal admission will permit undergraduate senior level students to take the 500 level graduate bridge courses during their senior year. These courses include: SPM 510, SPM 520, SPM 530, and one course in a chosen concentration, with the program director’s approval.
- Once all grades are posted at the end of their junior year, another review of the student’s academic record will take place. Students will be notified by ODU email when bridge course registration can begin.
- These 500-level graduate courses will be counted as undergraduate credit and meet undergraduate elective or business major emphasis requirements as well as graduate program requirements. To qualify for graduate credit, students must earn a grade of B or better in these courses.
- For entry into 600-level MS in Sport Management courses, students must have earned an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.00 or better.
- After graduation, students will be notified by ODU email regarding full MS in Sport Management program admission and when 600-level course registrations can begin.
- Any student interested in the Exercise Physiology concentration must also complete an Anatomy & Physiology course, with a grade of B or better, as a prerequisite for full admission.