ODU & Xavier University College of Nursing Pathway
Hospitals throughout Ohio and across the nation are experiencing a significant nursing shortage. ODU’s new partnership with Xavier University’s College of Nursing helps to address that shortage by creating a pathway for ODU students to pursue a successful and rewarding career in the nursing field. Through the program, ODU students have access to a select number of guaranteed seats into XU’s accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Program upon the completion of their ODU degree.
- Transition seamlessly into XU’s College of Nursing immediately upon the completion of your ODU bachelor’s degree.
- Attend nursing school at XU’s locations in Columbus, Cleveland or Cincinnati.
- 45 seats available to ODU students on an annual basis (five seats at each location per its three start terms throughout the year).
- Complete your BSN in just 16 months.
This partnership is available to all ODU students, regardless of major, who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Maintain a minimum 2.7 GPA.
- Complete three science-related prerequisite courses with a grade “B” or better.
- Complete a statistics course with a grade “C” or better.
- Complete a non-nursing degree at ODU.
High-Demand Career Opportunities
- Hospitals and health care facilities across the country are currently experiencing a significant nursing shortage.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Registered Nursing (RN) is listed among the top occupations in terms of job growth through 2029.
- The RN workforce is expected to grow from 3 million in 2019 to 3.3 million in 2029, which is an increase of 221,900 or 7%.
- The BLS projects 175,900 openings for RNs each year through 2029 when nurse retirements and workforce exits are factored into the number of nurses needed in the United States.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
ODU Undergraduate Admission
Mark Stoy McCahill II
College of Nursing- ABSN Program