Students who graduate from this program will be prepared for an Ohio license to teach children age three through fifth grade.
Graduates of Ohio Dominican University’s Primary Education program:
- engage in reflective practice, are knowledgeable and promote learning in others;
- provide fair and engaging learning opportunities for all learners based on assessment of student needs and strengths;
- are active participants in the community of learners; and
- communicate and collaborate according to legal and ethical practice with all stakeholders who influence and/or are impacted by the learning experiences of each child.
In addition to teaching pre-kindergarten through 5th grade, graduates can pursue careers in a variety of fields, including:
- Child care provider
- Preschool or day care director
- Child advocate working in an education-related organization