Ohio Dominican Hosts 113th Commencement
Ohio Dominican held its 113th Commencement ceremony at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 8, with both graduates and guests in attendance. To help ensure the health and safety of all participants due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the ceremony took place outside in Panther Stadium. ODU Professor of Political Science Ronald Carstens, Ph.D. delivered the keynote address to more than 200 graduates as well as faculty, staff, alumni, family and friends. Click here to view a complete list of Spring 2021 graduates, here to view photos from the ceremony, and here to view a recording of the ceremony and Baccalaureate Mass.
Ohio Dominican Names 335 Students to Spring Semester Dean’s List
ODU has named 335 students to its 2021 spring semester Dean’s List. In order to make the Dean’s List, full-time undergraduate students must have achieved a 3.5 GPA or better after taking a minimum of 12 credit hours. Click here to view a list of students who were named to the Dean’s List.
Students, Faculty and Staff Recognized at ODU’s Annual Celebrating Academic and Leadership Awards
Students, faculty and staff were recognized for their outstanding academic achievement and contributions during the university’s annual Celebrating Academic and Leadership Awards Ceremony, which took place in the Sr. Mary Andrew Matesich, OP Theatre on April 26. Click here to view a list of individuals and organizations that were recognized during the ceremony.
From the Halls of Wehrle: 2021 Senior Show
We hope you will stop by Wehrle Hall to see some of the creative works completed by our graduated Art, Art Education and Graphic Design students for this year’s 2021 Senior Show. The exhibit runs through June 22 in Wehrle Hall and features the work of new graduates Iula Anderson, Jonathan Dill, Allison Fathbruckner, Cori Ladanyi, Layla Leutweyler, Nayana Raymore and Andrew Wilson.
Support ODU’s New Pandemic Memorial Fund
We want to offer a sincere thank you to Tom Fitzpatrick, Class of 1969, for his generous gift of $25,000 recently to create the “Pandemic Memorial Fund” in memory of classmate, PJ Connor and wife, Lois, who passed away in January several hours apart from COVID-19. PJ was the 1969 class president. This special fund, which honors all who have been impacted by COVID-19 as well as frontline workers, will be used to support ODU students who have financial need. Tom hopes his classmates and other alumni and friends will make a gift to support the fund. To make a gift to the Pandemic Memorial Fund, click here and indicate that your gift is for the “Pandemic Memorial Fund.” Thank you for your support.
Five Highlights from the Career Development Center at ODU
Ohio Dominican’s Career Development Center has been busy this spring. Below are five major highlights, news items and upcoming events they would like to share with you.
- Virtual Alumni Only Career Fair (June 9-10) – Click here to register.
- Summer 2021 LinkedIn Learning: Career-Ready Project – Join us for a special four-week program from July 12 to August 6. This customized LinkedIn Learning program includes weekly virtual career coaching, free LinkedIn learning modules and digital badges. Click here to register.
- Follow us on Social Media – Be sure to “like” us on Facebook @OhioDominicanCareer and “follow” us on Instagram @ODUCareer.
- Create a Handshake Account – If you graduated between fall 2019 to the present, you have a Handshake account. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. If you graduated before the fall 2019 semester, you can create an alumni account by clicking here. Handshake is the #1 online career community for college students and alumni, and has more than 6,000 jobs posted across the country. Alumni also can view recorded career workshops, make a virtual appointment with ODU’s Career Development Center staff, and search and apply for jobs.
- Connect with Career Development Center Staff on LinkedIn – Staff in ODU’s Career Development Center regularly share career opportunities, professional tips and resources, so be sure to connect with either Jessica Hall or Paul Newell on LinkedIn.
The Career Development Center proudly serves all ODU students and alumni in every stage of their career development journey. We also value our partnership with alumni who are able to support current ODU students with 1) career coaching, 2) recruiting our students, 3) classroom information session, and 4) attending on-campus career events. If you would like to get more involved in supporting our current students, please email email@example.com