ODU's Academic Advising Center (AAC) serves as a resource to enhance the collegiate experience for incoming students. During your first year, you and your advisor will work together to:
- Outline appropriate educational plans
- Clarify academic and long-term goals
- Improve decision-making skills
- Evaluate degree progression
- Discover additional resources designed to improve academic performance
Because the advising relationship is designed to ease the transitions into and through ODU, the AAC staff will be the primary advisors for new undergraduate and transfer students.
After a student's first year, he or she will transition to a faculty advisor within the student's declared major.
Students are encouraged to to meet with an advisor and may schedule appointments by visiting the AAC in Erskine 214 or calling (614) 251-4230.