ODU's Office of Advising & Student Success serves as a resource to enhance the collegiate experience for incoming students. During your first year, you and your advisor will work together to:
- Outline appropriate educational plans
- Clarify academic and long-term goals
- Improve decision-making skills
- Evaluate degree progression
- Discover additional resources designed to improve academic performance
Because the advising relationship is designed to ease the transitions into and through ODU, the Office of Advising & Student Success staff will be the primary advisors for new undergraduate and transfer students.
After a student's first year, he or she will transition to a faculty advisor within the student's declared major.
Students are encouraged to to meet with an advisor and may schedule appointments by visiting the Office of Advising & Student Success in Erskine 214 or calling (614) 251-4230.