While ODU is conducting courses online, writing tutoring will be conducted over email with a 24-48 hour turnaround time for all requests. Here's how it works:
Contact the Write Place through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and initiate a conversation about your writing assignment. You can ask questions about any aspect of your writing assignments and/or submit drafts for feedback. Allow 24-48 hours to receive a response from a writing consultant.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Ask a specific question about the writing process at email@example.com
- Questions about MLA, APA, or Chicago format, style, and documentation
- Questions about proper grammar, usage, or punctuation
2. Or, you can also send your draft as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure you attach your draft (do not just copy and paste it into an email)
- We will accept papers in .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, or .pdf formats (no Pages or .wps files, please)
- We will not accept links from Google Docs. Please save your file in one of the above formats.
- We will accept drafts of up to 12 pages. If your paper is longer, for example a graduate thesis/final project, please email it to the Write Place Coordinator at WritePlace@ohiodominican.edu
3. Please make the subject line of your email “ODU Online Writing Center”
4. In the body of the email, please provide all of the following information:
- Your name, course, and professor
- A brief description (2-3 sentences) of the assignment in your own words
- A list of specific questions or concerns that you may have.