Ohio Dominican University’s Center for Dominican Studies will present a series of lectures that focuses on the University’s theme for the 2019-20 academic year: Truth. The series, “The Dominican Call: To Be Authentic,” will feature eight lectures, each presented by a Dominican Sister of Peace, which is ODU’s founding congregation.
The presentations are open to the public and will take place from 12-12:30 p.m. in the St. Catherine of Siena Room, located in Erskine Hall on ODU’s campus at 1216 Sunbury Road, Columbus, 43219. Lunch will be provided.
The presentations are free, but seating is limited. To reserve your seat for each session, contact Sr. Diane Traffas, OP, ODU vice president for Mission & Identity and director of the Center for Dominican Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-251-4722.
- Sept. 11, 2019 – “The Dominican Call: To Be Authentic”; Presenter: Sr. Diane Traffas, OP
- Oct. 9, 2019 – “Prayer & Contemplation: In a New Light”; Presenter: Mary Otho Ballard, OP
- Nov. 6, 2019 – “Study: Dominican Love of Truth”; Presenter: Sr. JoAnn Hohenbrink, OP, Ph.D.
- Dec. 11, 2019 – “Advent – The Hope and Promise of Christmas”; Presenter: Sr. Shawn Fitzpatrick, OP
- Jan. 15, 2020 – “Community: Honoring Inclusion”; Presenter: Sr. Joye Gros, OP
- Feb. 12, 2020 – “Ministry – A New Way of Seeing: A New Way of Being”; Presenter: Sr. Teresa Tuite, OP
- March 11, 2020 – “Lenten Season: The Joy-Filled Truth of Lent”; Presenter: Sr. Mary Ann Fatula, OP
- April 8, 2020 – “Truth & The Media: What We Watch and Read”; Presenter: Sr. Joel Campbell, OP