Faculty and staff programs provide informal opportunities to engage in conversation around the Center's mission.
Faculty & Staff Orientation
Orientation sessions provide the opportunity for new and continuing faculty and staff to explore and discuss:
- The History of the Ohio Dominican University
- The Dominican Mission and Charism: Roots of our University Culture
- The Catholic Intellectual Tradition of the University
- Ex Corde Ecclesiae
- The Many Forms of Preaching in Our Contemporary World
- The Integration of the Dominican Charism Across University Life and the Academic Curriculum
- Sharing the Charism with Students: A Collaborative Study, Research and Service Event
- Dominican Institutions as Promoters of Peace, Justice and Service to the Global Community
- Dominican Institutions as Centers for Ethics: Our Challenge and Options
- Reflective Practice: A Dominican Activity for University Teaching
- Connections with the Dominican Family at Home and Abroad: Networking Opportunities
Faculty & staff focus groups provide informal opportunities for faculty and staff to engage in brainstorming and conversation regarding the mission and activities of the Center for Dominican Studies at Ohio Dominican University. These sessions engage participants in a process of understanding and embracing the mission of the Center for Dominican Studies as programs, activities and opportunities evolve.
An overview of the history, vision, mission and activities of the Center for Dominican Studies at Ohio Dominican are also presented.
Stay tuned for more information or contact Sr. Mattie Sterner at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (614) 251-4722.