Service & Fellowship Opportunities
Service & Fellowship
At Ohio Dominican, we strive to provide opportunities for personal growth and community enrichment through our service programs.
Service is one of the many ways we live out the call to preach the Good News of the
Gospel to those we encounter.
Not only is service important for our growth and development as a University, it also impacts the communities we serve, locally, nationally and internationally.
Be sure to join us for one or all of our service opportunities. If you don't see something that interests you, please contact the Office of Campus Ministry to suggest your own ideas.
Throughout the year, Campus Ministry coordinates service opportunities in the community for ODU student, faculty and staff.
- Make a Difference Day. Every fall and spring we have a clean up day in the community near campus. Check the calendar for dates.
- Mid-Ohio Food Bank.
- Community Kitchen.
- "Adopt-A-Sister": Make a difference in the lives of the retired Sisters in residence at Mohun Health Care Center.
- After-school tutoring at Shepard Library. Monday through Thursday: 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. and Friday from 3 – 6 p.m. You do not have to call ahead – just walk in and people will be there to guide you.
- St. Stephens Community House. Call (614) 294-6347 for details.
- YWCA Family Center. Contact Jessica Wichtman-Will at 253-3916.
- Bishop Griffin Center. Call (614) 338-8220 for details.
- Life Care Alliance.Call (614) 278-3130.
Join us in Sansbury lobby for some fellowship time after the Sunday evening Mass at 7 p.m.. All are welcome!