Ohio Dominican University has launched a redesigned website at ohiodominican.edu that incorporates numerous new features and functionality improvements designed to enhance the user experience. The project, which began in fall of 2022, was led by ODU’s Office of Marketing and Public Relations in collaboration with Modern Campus.
ODU conducted a soft launch of the new website in late April after nearly eight months of preparation that included migrating content from the previous eight-year-old site, training on the new Omni CMS, and updating content on more than 700 individual pages to ensure correct links, accurate information, enhanced visual clarity and optimal performance.
In addition to a fresh appearance, the new ohiodominican.edu features a range of improvements, including:
- An enhanced mobile-responsive interface so users can easily access and navigate the website on any device, especially mobile.
- Streamlined navigation featuring drop-down menus providing users a more polished look and easier access to information and pages they are looking for, such as the university’s various admission areas.
- An upgraded search function that allows users to more easily and quickly search for relevant programs, offices, individuals and other university information.
- A more streamlined Faculty and Staff Directory that allows users to search for individuals by first name, last name, title or department.
- An improved campus event calendar that highlights various events and activities happening at Ohio Dominican, and integrates with users’ personal calendars.
- Faster webpage load times.
- Cloud-hosting so the website will not be impacted by future network outages.
- Enhanced accessibility tools to provide optimal user experience for all.
- Improvements related to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to enhance the website’s ranking in search results and help the university achieve organic growth in both traffic and overall users.
“When it comes to sharing the ODU story, whether it’s with future students who are beginning their college search, proud alumni who want to remain engaged in the life of the university, or community or corporate leaders who are interested in partnering with ODU, there’s simply no more important and effective resource than the university’s website,” said Tom Brockman, ODU’s Vice President for Marketing. “We’ve gone to great lengths to ensure the new ohiodominican.edu meets users where they are, allowing them to more easily find the information they’re looking for while having the very best experience possible. This redesigned website is the result of a tremendous amount of planning, research and effort, and I look forward to the university community and general public having a chance to experience it for themselves for years to come.”