Ohio has 250 insurance companies employing more than 100,000 people with an average annual salary above $50,000, according to the Ohio Department of Job & Family Services.
And the Ohio insurance industry will need 29,000 skilled workers by 2025, according to a recent study
Graduates of ODU's Insurance & Risk Management program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of insurance contracts and provisions, and the features of property-liability insurance, life and health insurance, and employee benefit plans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the operation and management of insurance entities, and the economic implications of organizational design and structure.
- Develop skills to facilitate insurance product cost and pricing, marketing, and distribution.
- Develop practical skills through professional development seminars, internships, and/or a practicums in insurance and risk management.
- Examine the role of public policy including social insurance in personal financial planning and risk management.
Career opportunities with a degree in Risk Management & Insurance include:
- Risk manager
- Compliance officer
- Claims manager
- Loss control consultant
For holders of a certificate in Risk Management & Insurance , companies need to fill a variety of jobs, including those in claims, finance, accounting and underwriting.
An RMI certificate will help make you an attractive candidate either for promotion or as a new employee in this expanding industry.
Find Your Insurance Career
Visit the Ohio Insurance Institute's website
for a fun, interactive way to discover careers in the insurance field.