Chemistry Outcomes & Careers
Outcomes & Careers
A Chemistry major from Ohio Dominican University will graduate with problem solving and cognitive abilities and is ready to address the scientific issues of an unknown future.
Graduates of ODU's Chemistry program will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and mathematical proficiency in the core concepts of chemistry, including stoichiometry, kinetics, thermodynamics, equilibrium, and quantum mechanics and able to communicate them in written and verbal form.
- Know and practice the scientific method of iterative observation, hypothesis generation and experimentation.
- Practice excellent technique in laboratory manipulations required for common chemistry experiments and comprehensive training in chemical safety.
- Understand chemistry’s interplay with other fields in integrated science, such as engineering, biology, physics and other traditional scientific disciplines.
- Be prepared for a career in chemistry or graduate studies in the chemical sciences.
Career opportunities with a degree in Chemistry include:
- Environmental Protection
- Fundamental or Applied Research
- Science Policy
- Science Writing