Ohio Dominican University’s Economics program enables students to analyze and explain the challenges of resource allocation, within the context of the liberal arts and the Dominican tradition, in a dynamic global economy.
- Small class sizes with faculty experienced in the field
- Located just minutes away from internship opportunities in downtown Columbus
- 4+1 MBA opportunity for students with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Senior research projects prepare students for graduate and professional studies
Degrees & Courses
Read the degree requirements and course descriptions for the major and minor, plus view a sample 4-year plan.
Outcomes & Careers
Learn how this major prepares you for a career in business, finance, public policy and more.
Get to know ODU faculty members, view current news and events, and more.
Ohio Dominican is just minutes from downtown Columbus, where business students have
the opportunity to participate in one or more internships with a variety of companies
and organizations. Central Ohio enjoys a diverse economy with many internship possibilities
in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
Ohio Dominican's faculty and Career Development Center are eager to help interested students secure relevant internship experiences.
Over the past few years, Ohio Dominican University business majors have participated in internship opportunities with a number of local organizations including:
- BISYS Group, Inc.
- Chillicothe Paints
- Columbus Clippers
- Columbus Comets
- Columbus Destroyers
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Discover Bank
- Defense Finance & Accounting Service
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Dublin Parks & Recreation
- Fahlgren Public Relations
- Fentress, Brown, CPAs & Associates
- GBQ Partners, CPA’s & Consultants
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated
- JPMorgan Chase & Company
- Merrill Lynch
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Park National Bank
- Voluntary Income Tax Assistance Program
Delta Sigma Pi Honor Society
Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation between the commercial world and students of commerce; and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.
Please contact Faculty Advisor Dr. John Grant for more information or with interest in becoming a member: email@example.com
Delta Mu Delta
Qualified students have the opportunity to participate in Delta Mu Delta (DMD) Honor Society. DMD provides international academic recognition for undergraduate and graduate business students who excel in their academic studies.
The following reports show achievement data for ODU's Division of Business students.
- Division of Business - Enrollment Retention and Student Survey (PDF)
- Division of Business Student and Stakeholder Focused Results (PDF)
- Division of Business - Measurement and Analysis of Student Learning and Performance (PDF)
- Class of 2019 Career Development Outcomes (Excel Spreadsheet)
Seth Bowles - Finance & Economics
ODU student Seth Bowles shares how ODU's Finance and Economics programs are helping to prepare him for his career as a financial planner.