History Outcomes & Careers
Bachelor of Arts in History
Outcomes & Careers
ODU's History graduates are prepared for a variety of careers or continuing on with graduate school.
Students in ODU’s History program will develop a number of skills, including:
- Discovering the location of resources through a variety of research techniques.
- Critically evaluating source materials.
- Presenting information in a variety of formats and styles.
- Successfully and precisely communicating ideas in text.
- Comparing differing viewpoints and interpretations.
- Drawing inferences and explaining complex events.
Graduates of ODU's History program are prepared for careers in a variety of fields, including:
- Government agencies
- Historical organizations