Information Technology Program Goals | Outcomes & Careers
Program Goals and Outcomes
The goal of ODU’s Information Technology program is to prepare solution-minded information technology professionals who have highly marketable technical abilities and possess strong practical, analytical and communication skills. Graduates of ODU’s program will be prepared to pursue and secure leadership positions within organizations of all scopes and sizes while honoring ethical responsibilities to stakeholders and the community. Graduates will specialize in pursuing innovation, creation, application, integration, and the administration of computing technologies.
Students will know how to:
- Understand and be able to meaningfully interact with the technological systems of an organization.
- Analyze a computing problem and apply relevant principles to formulate a solution.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make logical decisions in computing practice based on ethical principles.
- Deploy, secure, and manage both physical and cloud-based networks.
- Deploy, configure, secure and manage a range of operating systems
Students will be able to:
- Display critical thinking and problem solving skills in relation to a wide range of Information Technology challenges.
- Display the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Troubleshoot a wide range of organizational and individual IT problems.
Students will recognize:
- Be prepared to adapt to the ever-changing world of Information Technology.
- Be cognizant of the positive impact that IT has on society
Graduates will be prepared to pursue a career in:
- Computer Companies
- Consulting Firms
- Financial Companies
- Government Agencies
- Large and Small Corporations
- Nonprofit Organizations
Ready to get started?
Have Questions? Contact us!