Middle Childhood Education Outcomes & Careers
Bachelor of Science in Education in Middle Childhood Education
Outcomes & Careers
Graduates will be able to obtain an Ohio teaching license in Middle Childhood Education to teach grades 4-9 in two concentration subject areas.
Graduates of ODU’s Middle Childhood Education program are able to:
- Think critically about values, beliefs and actions; apply reflection to argument and discourse; and recognize the limits of personal perspective as well as accept the contributions of multiple perspectives.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in various oral, written and visual modes.
- Understands and employs quantitative and qualitative analyses to describe and solve problems and applies the process of scientific inquiry.
- Analyzes issues using moral and ethical reasoning and discerns consequences of decisions and actions.
- Articulates the relationship of faith to reason in the Dominican tradition.
Graduates of can pursue a career as a:
- Teacher in public, private or independent school
- Educational consultant
- Instructional publisher
- Docent at a museum, zoo or historical site
- Informal educational organizations
- Tutoring services providers