Public Relations & Marketing Communications Outcomes & Careers
Outcomes & Careers
The Public Relations & Marketing Communications major at Ohio Dominican University prepares students for careers in public relations, marketing, writing, media relations and more.
- Communicate effectively with their audiences, and prepare public relations and marketing communications messages in the appropriate style.
- Apply appropriate technology to the creation and dissemination of messages.
- Plan, initiate and complete a specific Public Relations/Marketing Communications Campaign.
- Be aware of the ethics of the profession and the Code of Ethics of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
- Exercise moral reasoning when faced with ethical dilemmas.
Graduates of ODU's Public Relations program can pursue a career in:
- Government organizations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Trade and professional associations
- Public relations agencies
- Schools, colleges and universities
Job titles include but are not limited to:
- Community relations representative
- Marketing communications director
- Media relations manager
- Press secretary
- Public affairs director
- Sports information director