Graduate Information and Checklist
Get Ready for Your Graduation, Panther!
Ohio Dominican has three graduation dates—August, December and May, and one graduation ceremony (Commencement) in May. You've put in the work, now find everything you need to know to prepare for graduation and celebrate this exciting milestone in your ODU journey!
- Our next Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024.
- For additional policies regarding graduation, please see the University Catalog
Make sure you have taken, or are taking, all of your required classes and will have all of the required credit hours prior your desired date of graduation in May, August or December. Contact your Academic Advisor or the Registrar’s Office if you would like to review your degree requirements.
- Apply to graduate here through ODU Online.
Deadlines to apply to graduate:
May graduates—March 31
August graduates—August 1
December graduates—Oct. 31
Apply to Graduate
Please contact the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Are you graduating in Fall 2023, Spring 2024 or Summer 2024? RSVP now to let us know your plans for May 4!
Please RSVP for graduation whether or not you plan to attend the Baccalaureate and/or Commencement ceremony. RSVPs are required in order to purchase a cap and gown, walk in either ceremony and to ensure that you will have tickets for commencement.
Click Here to RSVP
The RSVP deadline to participate in the May 2024 graduation ceremony is April 22, 2024.
Please contact the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) for late applications or RSVPs.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your RSVP, contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first thing you need to do is apply to graduate through ODU Online (see the above section for link and details). Additionally, here are some important things to take care of before you leave Ohio Dominican.
- Contact the Library at (614) 251-4752 to make sure all fines are paid.
- Contact the Business Office at (614) 251-4550 to make sure all fees/fines are paid.
- If you borrowed federal loan funds, use your FSA ID to access your complete federal loan history and complete Exit Loan Counseling. Exit Loan Counseling is required by the federal government and will explain your rights and responsibilities concerning repayment of your loans. If you have any questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at (614) 251-4778 or email@example.com.
- Contact Alumni Relations at (614) 253-3502 or firstname.lastname@example.org to stay connected to ODU after you graduate!
- Contact Graduate Admission at (614) 251-4615 to obtain information about graduate programs at Ohio Dominican University.
- Contact the Computer Helpdesk at (614) 253-3633 to back up your H: drive and sign up for Alumni email forwarding. Please note that your e-mail account will be disabled 60 days after graduation unless you sign up for email forwarding.
- Take the outcomes survey. Recent graduate outcomes data is required by the federal government. We must survey our recent graduates when they graduate plus 3, 6 and 12 months after graduation. Information about job placement and graduate school rates helps the Career Development Center provide high quality career services and allows us to assist students still seeking employment.
- Keep the Registrar's Office informed of any changes to your name and address.
Diplomas will we mailed to graduates who complete degree requirements.
Make your graduation day picture perfect!
Caps, gowns, hoods and tassels can be purchased from Jostens.
For Ship-to-SCHOOL Orders:
- Order deadline: March 14
- Pick-up date: April 22 (students will receive an email when their packages are ready)
- Order online and pay at pick-up
For Ship-to-HOME Orders:
- Order deadline: March 28
- Pay online at checkout
Graduation Day Tip:
We recommend that caps and gowns be steamed or pressed with a cool iron prior to the ceremony.
Tassels worn during graduation reflects a graduate’s discipline. The color and design indicate the graduate's degree and the institution that is granting
The hood is lined with the colors of the university (for Ohio Dominican, white and gold) and is faced with a color indicating the discipline of study. Hoods are worn only by those earning a Master's degree.
|Master of Arts (Theology)||Scarlet||Scarlet|
|Master of Arts||White||White|
|Master of Business Administration||Drab (Brown)||Drab (Brown)|
|Master of Science||Gold||Gold|
|Master of Education||Light Blue||Light Blue|
|Bachelor of Arts||N/A||White|
|Bachelor of Science||N/A||Gold|
|Bachelor of Science in Education||N/A||Light Blue|
|Associate of Arts||N/A||Black|
|Associate of Science||N/A||Black|
How can I purchase regalia?
Caps, gowns, hoods, and tassels can be purchased from Jostens. They are updating our university's page on their site, and we will post a link to purchase regalia when its ready.
Can I still order graduation announcements or class rings?
Yes, our partners at Balfour are still available for announcement and ring orders at balfour.com.
Can I still order diploma frames, gifts, or spirit gear?
Yes, the bookstore website is still open we are processing orders daily.
Have additional questions? Contact us:
Graduation Weekend Information
- Additional guest information can be found here.
Graduates, save the date for Spring Commencement rehearsal. Participation is mandatory
for all graduates.
- Date: Thursday, May 2, 2024
- Time: 5:15 p.m.
- Location: Meet in lower level, Griffin Student Center
Once everyone is lined up, we’ll walk to the Oval. Participation is mandatory for all graduates.
Following rehearsal, all graduates are invited to attend Grad Bash on the lower level of the Griffin Student Center. We hope you will join us for this festive event that includes free food, refreshments, free ODU swag, prizes and more!
Baccalaureate will take place at 9 a.m. in Christ the King Chapel, which on the first floor of Sansbury Hall. Advance registration and ticket reservation are not required for Baccalaureate attendance. Food and beverages are not permitted in the Chapel.
Mass includes the traditional Baccalaureate sermon and may include other ceremonies.
All graduates are invited to this Mass regardless of religious background. Your presence
and participation are welcome and encouraged!
Although communion is reserved to Catholics in good standing, participation in the Scripture readings, prayers, hymns, and intercessions is considered appropriate and is encouraged.
Graduates may wear their robes to Baccalaureate.
- Date: Saturday, May 4, 2024
- Time: 11 a.m.
- Location: Oval
Parking for Baccalaureate and Commencement will be available in the GOLD Parking Lot.
Please follow all directional signage as well as the direction of ODU Public Safety
and Columbus Division of Police officers.
The Gold Lot is accessed from the light at Sunbury Rd and St. Dominic way, and is on the West side of Sunbury Rd.
Guests are invited to take their seat on the Oval in front of Erskine Hall starting at 10:15 a.m. Seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Commencement will begin promptly at 11 a.m.
To ensure that there is adequate seating for all participants and guests, we ask that you please NOT move chairs. Some reserved seating will be marked off for graduates, faculty and other guests.
If you or a guest will need access to handicapped seating, please contact email@example.com. Please feel free to ask a volunteer for directions or if you have any questions.
Commencement will take place outdoors on the Oval rain or shine. Please dress and prepare accordingly. To ensure that you do not block the view of others in the event of inclement weather, umbrellas will not be permitted on the Oval. Instead, the university will provide plastic rain ponchos should the need arise. Erskine Hall will serve as a shelter in the event of severe weather.
To help ensure that all attendees are able to enjoy the ceremony without having their view obstructed, please remain in your seat at all times and do not approach the stage to take photos. A professional photographer has been hired and you will be provided photos to consider purchasing following the event. You are welcome to take photos from your seat.
Restrooms are available in all campus buildings surrounding the ceremony site, including the Griffin Student Center, Sansbury Hall, Battelle Hall and Erskine Hall. Handicap restrooms are available on the first floor of Battelle Hall. A map of campus is available here.
You will be permitted to bring bottled water and light snacks to the ceremony. Bottled water will be available to attendees free of charge.
Please keep in mind the majority of seating will be on grass, so we encourage you not to wear shoes that have high heels that could potentially become caught or sink into the grass. We recommend that you wear flat-bottomed shoes to mitigate any tripping hazard.
If you’re looking for any ODU alumni gear, please feel free to visit the campus store, which will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the day of Commencement.
Casa de la Pantera in the Griffin Student Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the day of Commencement.