Members of the President's Society combine academic success, leadership, service, and dedication to Ohio Dominican's mission.
They serve as representatives of the Office of the President and ODU at major university functions such as convocation and commencement.
Responsibilities & Benefits
- Attend important university functions and events.
- Network with university administrators, alumni, board members and friends.
- Receive leadership training.
- Receive ODU apparel to wear at events.
Applicants for ODU's President's Society must:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the end of their sophomore year.
- Be a junior or senior by the beginning of the following fall semester. Preference will be given to seniors who apply, as juniors who are not accepted can re-apply the following year.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing academic excellence, and growth as a learner, holding a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Ohio Dominican University through sustained leadership in co-curricular involvement, service and engagement in community events.
- Possess an understanding of the university’s core values, mission and traditions.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent Ohio Dominican at key university functions.
Application & Selection Process
To apply for the President's Society, you must:
- Submit an application.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a member of the ODU faculty or staff (uploaded with application).
- Participate in a group interview.
- Selection decisions will be made by a committee of ODU administration.