St. Albert's Scholars Program at ODU
St. Albert's Scholars Program
Ohio Dominican’s St. Albert’s Scholars program is a National Science Foundation-funded initiative to help increase enrollment, retention, and success for students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, and Environmental Science. These three basic science fields are foundational to the understanding of how our world works and are instrumental in the advances being made today.
How to Apply
The 2023-2024 application period for this scholarship has closed due to all open slots having been filled. Please check back for future opportunities to apply. If you have questions about available scholarship opportunities, please contact Undergraduate Admission.
What do I get if I am a Scholar?
Scholars receive a suite of financial, academic, and social supports to ensure their success at ODU and beyond, including:
- $7,500 scholarship per year
- $2,000 summer research stipend between their third and fourth years
- Early College Boot Camp: a one-week preview of college prior to starting their first year. This allows students to get a head start on ODU.
- One-on-one mentoring
- Dedicated tutors
- Access to St. Albert’s Study Space
- Participation on field trips, conferences, career workshops and more!
Who can be a Scholar?
To be eligible for the St. Albert's Scholars Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Major in Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science
- High school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- ACT score of 22 (or equivalent SAT)
- Be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant (remember to file your FAFSA)
- Must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States
Preference will be given to students in the following categories:
- First-generation college students
- Underrepresented demographics in each field