The Director of the Center hosts talks, presentations, seminars and lectures on a wide variety of topics to foster Dominican intellectual life, growth, dialogue and the pursuit of truth on a yearly basis. Faculty, staff and students are able in a variety of ways to "contemplate truth and share with others the fruit of this contemplation," and the four pillars of Dominican life: study, prayer, community and service.
To foster the Dominican Charism of preaching , the director arranges annual lectures by well-known Dominicans to help celebrate the feasts of three Dominican Saints:
- Albert the Great – Nov. 15
- Thomas Aquinas – Jan. 27
- Catherine of Siena – April 29
An Advisory Board works with the director to insure faithfulness to the Center’s mission and purpose. There are three goals:
- Promote the Dominican Charism
- Provide opportunities for members of the University and the community to understand and experience the meaning and value of a Dominican education
- Serve as a public voice at the University and the community regarding issues of importance to the church, the culture and the society.