How to Apply
Apply to Study Abroad
All students must complete an application and be accepted by the International Office in order to participate in a Study Abroad or Service Abroad experience.
ODU Sponsored Programs include:
- Spring Break
- May Term
Service Immersion Programs
- Spring Break
- PA Rotation
To travel on a co-sponsored study abroad program, students must:
- Complete the ODU application below.
- The International Office will notify you of your acceptance.
- Apply to the co-sponsored program on their website.
- Submit a copy of your acceptance by the co-sponsoring program to the International Office.
- Deadlines and prerequisites for study abroad programs are listed on the co-sponsor's website.
- You must also submit the credit pre-approval form and the Waiver & Release Agreement to the International Office after they have been signed.
All study abroad programs require:
- Good academic standing at the time of application and maintained through departure.
- Sophomore standing or higher for most programs by the time of departure.
- Pre-approval of credit from major/minor academic departments.
- Endorsement by the International Office and completion of all campus-specific requirements.
- Completion of any language pre-requisites if applicable to the program.
- A completed Study Abroad application and supporting documents.
The International Office makes every effort to assure that undergraduates with disabilities
can participate successfully in a study abroad program. Please note that ODU cannot
guarantee that facilities and/or support services will be available at each location
abroad in the same range and quality as on the ODU campus.
However, the director of the International Office will assume a proactive position in seeking the best possible accommodation for students with disabilities.
Please give the director of the International Office Director of notice to research the availability of resources overseas.
Students should make their restrictions and needs known to the director of the International Office as early as possible during the application process. Include a separate statement with your application indicating all needs in detail.
Failure to give adequate advance notice of special requirements may affect the International Office’s ability to give timely consideration to a student’s needs, and cause unnecessary problems for the students.
You should inform the International Office of all special needs, from extra time for taking exams to wheelchair access abroad. While it is our policy to make reasonable accommodations where possible, it is the student’s responsibility to assure that any funding required for special services abroad is arranged well in advance.
Students should also consult both with the Student Affairs and the Financial Aid Office to secure the necessary funding.
ODU welcomes students from other institutions to apply for any of our study abroad programs. Students must be in good academic standing and must provide an official transcript. We will not review your application unless all documents have been received.
Transfer students must complete one full year at Ohio Dominican before they can participate in a study abroad program.
Contact the International Office for more information at (614) 251-4646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.