Master of Education in Educational Leadership Admission Requirements
The admissions process for graduate studies at Ohio Dominican is simple and we'll help you every step of the way.
Applicants for the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a teaching certificate/license.*
- Be currently teaching or have access to an academic classroom.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
- Completed at least nine semester hours at the graduate level from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an overall grade point average of 3.000 or higher.
If the applicant is currently teaching, his/her own classroom may be used for most experiences. An applicant who is not currently teaching must make arrangements for classroom access to complete assignments.
How to Apply
Your online application, fee and all supporting documents listed below must be received in order to process your application.
- Application: Complete an online graduate application.
- Fee: Pay a $25 application fee. This fee is waived for ODU alumni, military veterans,
and active members of the armed forces.
Payment is due before we can process your application. You may pay by check - mail or drop it off to the Office of Graduate Admissions - or through our secure online form.
Pay Application Fee
- Statement: Review and electronically sign the Master of Education in Educational Leadership Acknowledgment
Sign Acknowledgement Statement
- Transcripts: Send official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (614) 251-6654
- Mail: Office of Graduate Admissions, Griffin Student Center Room 278, Ohio Dominican University, 1216 Sunbury Road, Columbus, Ohio 43219
Provide a Letter of Recommendation from the Superintendent or Principal of your school to the Office of Graduate Admissions. These letters should be sent directly from the reference and not by the applicant.
Letters of recommendation can be submitted at www.ohiodominican.edu/GraduateRecommendation.
You can click below to open an email message template, and customize it as needed when requesting a recommendation.
Send a Letter of Recommendation Request
- Interview: Complete an Interview with ODU's Education Program Director. This will be arranged through the Office of Graduate Admissions.