Junior & Senior Year To-Do Lists
How You Can Become a Panther!
It may not seem like it, but high school will be over before you know it. To help you prepare for the next exciting chapter, we’ve put together a timeline that includes important dates, tips – pretty much anything you need to know as you prepare for college.
January – May
- Finish junior year strong – After all, this is your final chance to boost your GPA (the number that will appear on your college applications.)
March – April
- Schedule a visit to ODU – Get a taste of Panther Life!
April – June
- Learn about ODU’s Test-Optional Admission Policy – Click here!
- Take the ACT and/or SAT – Be sure you send your test scores to ODU using our codes 1131 (SAT) or 3256 (ACT).
- Have your counselor send your official transcripts to ODU.
- Keep an eye on your mail for your admission decision from ODU!
- Explore our programs for outstanding students, like our popular Early Assurance and Honors programs!
- Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – ODU’s code is 003035
- File your FAFSA early? Keep an eye out for your financial aid package from ODU.
- Review your financial aid package.
- Make it official – Submit your deposit!
March – April
- Complete a housing contract (The sooner you complete the contract, the better housing options you’ll have!)
- Sign up for Summer Orientation (Register for fall classes, meet your classmates, become familiar with campus.)
May 1 (National College Decision Day)
- Let us know you’ll be a Panther – Submit your deposit on or before May 1.
June – July
- Attend Summer Orientation.
- Move in to your residence hall.
- Begin classes at ODU!
Download Your College Planning ChecklistDownload
If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 614-251-4500.