All motor vehicles, including motorcycles, parked on campus must be registered with Public Safety and display a valid parking permit at all times.
ODU Parking Permits
- Full Year | $110
- Fall Term only | $75
- Spring Term only | $75
- Summer Term | $35
- Full Year for ACE | $110 (note: Adult & Continuing Education parking permits do not expire)
2018-2019 Parking Permits (Fall and Full-Year) will be available for purchase on June 18, 2018.
- Full Academic Year 2018-2019 | $110 ($100 if purchased by July 20)
- Fall Semester 2018 only | $75 ($70 if purchased by July 20)
- Full Year permit expires August 15, 2019
- Fall permit expires December 15, 2018
All permits must be ordered and paid online at time of purchase.
To register your vehicle, you'll need the the following information:
- Your 7-digit ODU ID number.
- Current license plate number (omit spaces).
- Vehicle description- make, model and color.
- Address where you will reside during the academic year.
- Credit/debit card information.
- You are responsible for your permit. You will be charged the full permit price for a replacement if needed for any reason.
- Resident students and those who select the "Hold for Pickup" will be notified by email when your parking permit is ready for pick up. You must sign for and show your ODU ID in order to pick up the permit. No one may pick up the permit for you.
- Pick up your permit in the Public Safety Office Monday thru Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. The Public Safety Office is located in the Griffin Student Center, Room 116.
- If you selected "Mailed," your permit will be mailed to the address provided on registration form.
- No more than two vehicles may/can be registered at a time. In addition, if you have registered more than one vehicle, it is your responsibility to transfer your permit to the car that is being driven.
- If you need to amend information on your vehicle registration (for example, adding a second vehicle, changing or correcting information), contact Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org.