Graduate Admission Process
How to Apply
Welcome! You'll find everything you need here to help you apply for graduate studies at Ohio Dominican. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.0/4.0 or higher is recommended for admission.
- Applicants with GPA’s lower than 3.0 may be considered for conditional admission.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended universities are due prior to entering graduate study at Ohio Dominican.
- All application materials must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions two months before the semester begins.
Each graduate program has its own admission and application requirements. Choose the program that interests you and read the requirements carefully.
International applicants must complete all of the required application materials listed for their specific program and must also submit the following materials to be considered for admission.
Complete ODU's online Graduate Application for International Students.
Pay a $25 non-refundable application fee.
If you have attended any university outside of the U.S., you should submit your official academic transcripts/records from your institution to Ohio Dominican.
Proof of English Proficiency
For those whose first language is not English, ODU will accept the following:
- Completion of ELS Level 112 intensive program.
- Official TOEFL score of at least 79
ODU Institutional TOEFL code is 1131
- Official IELTS band score of at least 6.5
- Duolingo English Test
You must complete the essay requirement for the program you are applying for. Please each specific program page for details.
Declaration of Finances
The financial sponsor and guarantor of the applicant must complete this form. An I-20 cannot be issued without the completed form as well as evidence of financial support.
Evidence of Financial Support
Evidence that the applicant’s financial guarantor has funds available for at least the first year must also be submitted.
Provide 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can address your academic potential.
Download Recommendation Form
International students applying for Graduate admission at Ohio Dominican University
need to submit a recommendation letter.
A recommendation letter is written by a previous employer, colleague, client, teacher, or by someone else who can recommend an individual's work or academic performance.
The goal of recommendation letters is to vouch for the skills, achievements, and aptitude of the person being recommended.